Wednesday, April 15, 2020

One thing - part 1

One thing - part 1


One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple. Psalms 27, we see an attention to God and his house




David the Old Testament Patriarch, David, a shepherd boy to King of Israel.  he went from the Shepard's pasture to serving in the King's palace, but he knew GOD and followed Him. David shares with "one thing" in one of his Psalms Chapter 27.


For David, it was personal, I desire, I will seek, I may dwell. He own this thought. 

GOD was with him as he was a Shepherd, a boy, also through out his life, GOD showed him His ways, taught him His paths and led him in His truths, see Psalms 25 

But then, that one thing became his purpose, "that will I seek after",  the word "seek", means to strive after:—ask, beg, beseech, desire, enquire, get, make inquisition.  It became that personal purpose. And my friend you may have this too with GOD.

David's desiring and seeking GOD became his plan for life. He said, "that I may dwell in the house of the LORD" 

David knew about GOD's tent with Israel in their wilderness journey, which really spoke of the temple and tabernacle. But David plan was to dwell in GOD's house, which is Heaven. He mentioned this in Psalms 23:6, "that I may dwell in the house of the LORD for ever". To spend time and eternity with GOD and I say "Amen !!" 

You see, in Psalms 23 David talks about a life journey through a valley, then through a field and stream, and then most excitedly to GOD's house in heaven, in Glory, our glory land.

David's "one thing" became his personal purpose and plan, to go to heaven and spend eternity with GOD. And YOU may too.

There are many things in this life, but David's, "one thing", was to choose GOD. I pray that you will and that you will go to heaven.

May God Bless you,
Rev. Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment