Thursday, April 30, 2020

David's path of life

David's path of life

Psalms 16:7-9, 11

I will bless the Lord, who hath given me counsel:
my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.
I have set the Lord always before me:
because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth:
my flesh also shall rest in hope.
10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell;
neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life:




Here we see three things in David’s path of life

His Counsel, a course and a consolation

First, His path was with counsel v.7

Counsel means to advise; reflexively, to deliberate or resolve:

David was counseled as a son, house of Jesse, tribe of Judah, youngest son of eight, really he realized his position. The history and lineage was there for David, but David had that relationship his father Jesse and with GOD as a son.

GOD chose David, out of his eight brothers and gave him great godly insight after he was anointed by the prophet Samuel, as seen In 1 Samuel 16,  David was physically anointed with oil by the prophet which was out of a ram's horn. But physically poured oil on him, yes, for all, and Israel to see a sign from GOD which was for that period a sign that GOD chose David.

Then, David was counseled as a shepherd, for guiding and guarding his sheep in the correct paths. Guiding them through the green pastures and to the still waters. The great lessons learned from being a shepherd would apply to David leading people as well. Learning his flock then guiding and guarding them was part of his was counsel.

And then, David was counseled as a soldier, for standing and strategy for the sheep's protection. He learned very well from fighting a lion and the bear. He made a stand and then He had a sling and stone (rock) for a weapon. And, of course, he would have many battles to come.

So may I ask, what counsel do you seek from GOD?? Do you realize that he is speaking to you through the Holy Spirit??  For GOD speaks through the Spirit, then through situations and clearly through Hos word, the bible.  Do you hear His counsel today?? Like a loving father would speak to his loving son.

If so, call on GOD today,
Rev Dan

(I will continue part 2, next time with David's path of Life)



No comments:

Post a Comment