Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The tragedy of a hidden gospel

2 Corinthians 4

Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy,  3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 4 in whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
 
This is something that's been on my heart and mind. The tragedy of a hidden gospel.  You see, I was saved, born again and I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior, I belong to Him.  I heard the glorious gospel and it set me free.  1974 at the Victory Baptist Church 202 Canton road.  I can tell you the time and I can show you place, where the Lord saved me.  It changed by life forever.  I was at a cross road in my life, thirteen years old.  The spirit, The Holy Spirit said "come".  And I got saved.

So the message of the gospel is special to me.  It gave me life and it was truly more abundantly. The message spoke peace to me.  It spoke happiness to me, I am glad I got saved that day.  Then after a while,  the gospel gave me a mission to go on.   I started to serve Him in every way of my life and being.  I wonder sometimes, what would I have done, where would I have gone?? I would have gone down and away.  I probably would have gone a drunkard's life. I would have when down.  I am glad I got saved that day.

Now I have a desire to share that message, His message, the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.   I want others to hear and have the chance to received Jesus Christ into their heart and life.  Especially when the gospel is being hid from a lost and dying world.  That saddens me.

The gospel is hid by the devil.  The enemy of God and the christian.  He attacks the mind, just like he did in the garden of Eden.  "Hath God said ??"  as he purposefully does, to all.  He did it to Adam and Eve and all / everybody since and this day. 

My prayer, if you are a Christan, do not hide the gospel in your acts and activities.  While trying to be relevant to the world.  You should live by faith and trust that God's word will work !!  What Christ did on the cross will work.

There are more to convert, there are more conversions needed.  And if our gospel is hid, it will be hid from them that are lost. 

Dear friend if you are lost, be saved, if you are saved you should be about the Father's business working and laboring for Him.  For whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.  Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel and after they are saved baptize them the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, Amen !!

God Bless you,
RevDanSam

No comments:

Post a Comment