Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Our unseen faith

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good report. 3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. Heb. 11:1-3

One never knows when and what God will do to remind you of a spiritual truth as He did to us.
The other day, I ask my son to take out the trash.  When he came back in the house, he said I have walked through a spider web.  I feel it but I cannot see it.  I instinctively said son that's just like faith.  The substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. 

It reminded me of the little boy who was kite flying.  His kite was so high in the clouds and could not be seen.  Another little boy came by his way, who was his neighbor,  and he ask where's your kite and how do you know it there??  The boy said I know it's there because I feel the tug from the other side.

Truly, in many times and in many ways, God works in the unseen.  When we don't know how, that's when God steps in.  It's like the wind. We can not see the wind but only the effects of it. But the wind feels good on a very hot day.

In our day that we live in now, many have turn away from unseen faith and desire the seen and practical.  It instead of praying for twenty dollars, they want 20 dollars in their hand and they want it now.  But God says to ask, seek and knock.  Ask God, the reason we have not is because we ask not.  Then we should seek God, and look for Him to work and see His workings.  Knock really speaks of opening. Allowing God to open doors and ways for Him to work.

It's like the scriptures that say pray in secret and I will reward thee openly.  We should live and work by faith.
"There is an unseen hand to me, that leads the way I cannot see, while going through this land of woe, His unseen hand will lead me as I go, I'm trusting to, His unseen hand, that leads me through this weary land and some sweet day, I'll reach that strand, still guided by the unseen hand".

Dear friend, trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean not on your own understanding. For whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

God bless you,

RevDanSam


No comments:

Post a Comment