Sunday, September 29, 2013

Lad and Dad Day

When I was a young preacher,  I was very hard, when preaching, on my fellow Christians.  I heard an elderly preacher say, "young preachers are like a pack of young hunting dogs, they will just bark at anything and bark because other young dogs are barking"   It is very humorous now, in my mid fifties and over 30 years of serving Him, but I still appreciate the zeal of a young preacher, and, I hope they will stay with God. (the god of this world can blind their eyes)

But as a young independent fundamental missionary minded preacher boy, I was hard on my fellow Christians and questioned their love and devotion in attendance and activities to the church. Of course that was when I was a young single man. Family and children changes things. Although many years later, I had a great realization in my life, if I missed a couple of Sundays or Wednesday nights, I still 50 other Sundays or Wednesday nights to attend.  And if I had members there, at church, 50 times a year it was alright. (especially these days)  :-)

I heard an evangelist say many years a go, that God first established the HOME, House of God, then human government.  And just in that order, first the home (family) House of God (worship & fellowship) Human government (rules & laws to live by)   And the devil attacks and is still attacking each one today!!  It is very sad to see the down fall of the home and house of God.  Also human gov but that's another blog post, someday.

So the lad and I will spend time to together this weekend.  Another model train weekend.  We will pray and we will play.  Or execute the proper train load and composition of freight cars in the era of our models.  :-)   (maybe he will remember the good times)

But dear friend, the bible seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, Acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path.  Trust in the Lord with all your heart.  Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.

God Bless you,

RevDanSam

(song, I'd rather have Jesus)

No comments:

Post a Comment