Monday, September 2, 2013

Unexpected Hand


Isaiah 59:1
Behold, the Lord’s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save;
neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear


Amplified Bible (AMP)
Behold, the Lord’s hand is not shortened at all, that it cannot save, nor His ear dull with deafness, that it cannot hear.

In my last blog post, I talked about my son holding my hand to have prayer time, of which was an unexpected blessing, see “ train up a child” blog.  But a similar thing happened many years ago when he was a very young child.  We were out in a field flying a kite.  Then when we were done we started to walk home across the field.  The grass was a little high, not for me, but it was for him.  And as we walked through the grass I felt him grabbed my hand.  For he needed me to help him walk through the roughness of the grass.  He didn’t say anything; he just grabbed hold of my hand.  It was unexpected but I was glad to help him and it felt good.
On the day that  he re-started his prayer time with me and grabbed my hand for prayer it was unexpected and a blessing, but as I thought about this at work God moved and touched my heart. I work in a shared office where I am in one corner and my co-worker is in the other.  He’s on the phone and I’m on the phone.  But as I thought about my son, I thought about our Heavenly Father. And I wanted Him to hold my hand as I prayed that morning. So I held out my hand to Him and a tear came to my eye. I prayed and called on His name.

Perhaps it was unexpected, but nothing ever surprises God.  And there in the quietness of my shared office I wanted to hold the Lord’s hand as I prayed. And His hand is not short at ALL. Nor is His ear dull with deafness.  And I say praise the Lord and rejoice and do rejoice in Him.
But dear friend, GOD wants you to reach out to HIM.  HE IS THERE. He said call unto me and I will show you great and mighty things, which you don’t know about.  Most of all, He wants you to call on Him for salvation, to be saved, to be born again. He wants you to become a Christian, His child. For whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and He shall direct your path.

God Bless you,

RevDanSam

No comments:

Post a Comment