Monday, January 14, 2013

Three Rs secret for prayer

While taking my son to school this morning,  I remembered a daily  prayer that I prayed for him many years ago.  It was based on the three Rs of education. (Reading, wRiting, & aRithmetic)  I asked the Good Lord to help him with his reading, writing and arithmetic (math).  Then I took it to another level, and I ask the Lord touch his eyes that he could see, and this would help his reading.  Then I ask, touch his hand so that he can work, and this would help his writing.  (Pen & pencil or keyboard)  and then, touch his mind so that he can understand, which would help to add up things or calculate things.   I prayed,  Lord, touch his hands to work, touch his eyes to see, touch his mind to understand.  And to make myself clear, as if God did not already know,  help my son with his reading, writing and arithmetic.  Well, this was in middle school, and he made high grades and was a Star student.  Then I wanted to pray for my wife. I said Lord, touch her hands to work, touch eyes to see and touch her ears to hear, And I added help her with reading, writing and arithmetic.  And what do you think happened, but she got employee of the Year at the high school where she works.  Also, she  prayed for me, and I survived a layoff. WOW !!   And the three Rs prayer helped us.   Perhaps, reading speaks of being able understand and writing speaks of communicating with others and ourself and arithmetic (math) speaks of adding all things up together and isn't that somethings that we need in life. 
So I prayed that prayed for him that morning, as we had a prayer time, in my pickup truck, as I was taking him to high school.  But as God showed me, maybe, it's something we should pray daily for our own lives.  Try it out, and see what God will do for you.  Perhaps, I should expand more on this prayer in another blog??  Maybe break it down into three points as a discussion,  for I believe there is something there for us here.  :-)

But first dear friend, you must be saved, you must be born again. The bible says in Romans 10:13 for whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

God Bless you,

RevDanSam
revdansam@gmail.com

(Also, the strangest thing, my son loves to write / type stories now, Hmmn, lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment