Sunday, January 20, 2013

The radio help

I love the radio. As a Baby Boomer, I was raised playing and listening to radios.  When I  got saved, I found it would be help and encouraged to me as I listened to many gospel stations in the Atlanta area.  One station was called the "Big Gun" 1010 on the AM radio dial.  A 50,000 watts a powerful station.  Early on and in the 1980s they had a great radio line up from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm.  One preacher after another.  It was a great time.  My lunch time was spent listening to a local preacher from Gainesville, Georgia, Brother Edgar, your radio pastor. :-)  Of course, there was a Dr. Green, Dr. McGhee, Dr. Slightler, Dr. Wiersbe, MacAuthur and Dr. Farwell.  It was as much as a part of my preaching education as was going to bible college.  It was just right for my young preacher boy ears.
At my home church, many years ago, I remembered my childhood friend's Dad, telling a story about listening to that radio station.  He was our song leader at one time and He would listen to Brother's Edgar's radio program while working at the General Motors plant in Doraville, Georgia.  The program would come on the air with a male soloist, Howard Jewels singing the first verse of song, Amazing Grace.  My friend's Dad got to listening to that song, and He was able to sing that song the same way as Brother Jewels did when coming on the air.  I made a connection with that, as in my mind I could see him listening to the radio program as he was working driving a service truck around the plant. And probably I was at a near by park listening to the same program on the radio during my lunch time.  It just warms my heart to remember that time of my life.

But friend, have you made that connection with God, are you tuned into his station.  Many have the Pods and personal listening devices, but they do not have antenna to Heaven.  Many have their own music and message, but are they connected to God?? My friend you can today.  Call on the Lord and He will save you and you can become a child of God.  We all may be creations of God, but we are NOT all children of God.  But notice, the great love of God, that he has given to you that you can be called The Children of God, see 1john 3:2.  For whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord, shall be saved.

God Bless you,
RevDanSam
revdansam@gamil.com

(ps, don't forget, also, was  the radio program,"THE TRUCK DRIVER'S SPECIAL" with Brother Maze Jackson)  :-)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment