Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Thy lovingkindness is better

Psalm 63

O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;
To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.
Because thy loving kindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee.
Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name.

I have to says thank to my Pastor for reminding me of this Psalm, particularly 63:3 (he knows the book)

Well, Let me explain.  As many of you know, my son and I ride to work together. And we have prayer time. He usually leads us in a word of prayer.  As a father, I want to "train up a child" and I let him lead the way.  We pray and then quote a bible verse. Well, today he rode the bus and it was just me, . . . and GOD. 

I thought, well, I will just quote the Lord's prayer, yes the Lord's prayer and that will be my prayer time. WRONG, my spirit and soul said no. But it's the bible and God's word, no, just pray.  So there, alone, in the F150 pickup, (holy ground for me, sometimes)  I put a CD in the radio, my nephews, made a gospel CD many years ago, and it has many great choir song selections. 

So as I was yielding to God to pray and to call on His name, I yield and He filled. My throat got choke and tears (of joy) came to my I eyes, I was nodding my head and singing as loud as I could unto the Lord.  I did not care who saw me, as I lifted, well, one hand to the Lord as I drove to work.  It was really a great time and feeling.  Truly, I had to say as in  Psalms 63:3 thy loving kindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee. 

And, of course, as soon as I could, I shared it with my Pastor, (as we should NOT text & drive) and He rejoiced with me and reminded me of this verse.

But friend, the joy of the Lord is our salvation.  You must be saved, you must be born again. For whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved !! see in the bible Roman 10:9-10

Enjoying the loving kindness of the Lord is truly better than life. PTL I love the Lord.

God bless you and have a great day, just a great day,

Rev. Daniel Samples
revdansam@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment