Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Soldiers of the Cross

Soldiers of the Cross

2 Timothy 2

 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.
Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

 With the Memorial Day holiday here, I do want to remember the ones who served and died for our country. And I am thankful and Praise the Lord for them.  On a personal note, my Father served in WWII and Korea and my wife's Dad served in Korea too. As that's where God called Him to preach. He made a promised to God there and kept his promise to God when He came back to the states.

In the bible, The Apostle Paul taught and gave many examples of being a good soldier for God. There's the armor of God in book or letter to the Ephesians as well as what He wrote to Timothy in the Second book or letter.

As I remember two of my heroes, my pastor and bible college professor, on this Memorial Day of those soldiers of the Cross.  It is very interesting that they were also great Prayer Warriors too. My pastor, who was my Dad in law, would take me over to the church often on a Saturday night and we would pray. Looking back I did not realize what a special time it was then, and I really miss Him.

My Bible college Professor was a great prayer warrior, as he would fast & pray as well as pray around the world for missionaries.  But he was a pastor and evangelist.  As preacher boys, we would listen to his preaching stories and conversions. It lighted a fire in my soul to evangelize. Especially as he talked about his radio program. It was a daily program on a 50,000 watt station in Birmingham Alabama. The story that he told was He was a pastor of the church on visitation visiting the community and on a hot summer day with sweat running down from his hat, He asked God."How can I reach them ALL ??" and God showed him to a radio program and he did,  Later he would write sermon books from those soul winning radio programs. 




So I want to remember two of my "Soldiesr of the Cross" heroes. Dr. JB Jordan & Dr. RC Henry .

But dear friend, as you read this blog today, are you saved?? Have you been born again?? Have ever asked Jesus to come into your heart?? If not, you may today !! For whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved for with the heart man believes and with mouth confession is made. Marvel not, that you must be born again. 

God Bless you,
Rev. Daniel Samples

No comments:

Post a Comment