Wednesday, April 2, 2014

My shirt and tie and my Ford Pickup

Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
The dress shirt and tie in my Ford Pickup
A few weeks ago, we had a very busy Saturday.  A busy Saturday means troubles for us on Sunday.  We left the house at 9 AM that morning and return at 10 PM that night. And I know that we are not young spring chickens anymore, but we were really tried from the day's events with our family and friends. Then wife woke up with back pain and was unable to go to church. My son stepped up and said Dad I'll stay at home and will take care of Mom. I said that's fine. So I got ready put on my shirt and tie  then got into my Ford pickup truck and went to church.
The first person I meant in my subdivision was a man walking his dog. We made eye contact and I waved at him. He saw me with my shirt & tie in my Ford pickup truck.  I drove to the end of the road a saw a Spanish looking man at  the entrance of the of the subdivision and I nodded my head and he saw me in my shirt & tie and in my Ford pickup truck. 
I turned out onto the street to go to the main road and came to the red light.  There I saw a young couple in their jeep, shorts & tee shirts and me in my shirt & tie and in my Ford pickup truck. The light change and they took off with a glance over at me.
I turned on the main road to go to the four lane, as it is the faster way to church.  Many people where out and about that day, I saw a some people just going and I saw a couple of people dress for church as I was, going to church.  As the cars went by they saw me in my shirt & tie in my Ford Pickup truck.
The verse, Matt. 5:16, says to let your light so shine before men.  I thought that day, that Sunday, I really did and in a way glorified the Father. I think the world and the unsaved need to see Christians doing good works for the Lord.  They need to see us helping others, praying at a meals, reading our bible and wearing our Sunday best for church.  I would like to think I was being a living and walking testimony that day for all who saw me that day in my shirt & tie in my Ford pickup truck.  :-)
Of course, the bible teaches us that salvation, being saved,  is NOT of works, lest any man should boast. We cannot work our way into heaven, we must first be saved and accept the Lord Jesus Christ into our life and into our heart.  In the book of Romans says for whosever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. Jesus is calling and the Holy Spirit is speaking to you.
God bless you friend, this blog is not about wearing the right clothes, but a living testimony for what God has done in my life.  Call on Him today and He will save you.
Because He lives,
RevDanSam

No comments:

Post a Comment