Friday, April 18, 2014

Good Friday and some good things

This blog post today has words from a song "He did it all for me"   This is what's on my heart and mind today.

Once a man, whom we know as the son of God, Hung upon a cruel tree,
He suffered pain as not mortal man, He took my place, He did it all for me.

He did it all for me, each drop of blood,  He shed for me, when the Savior cried, then he bowed his head and died, Oh Praise the Lord, He did it all for me,

When I step, just in side the Gates  of  Pearl, and the Master's face I see, I will gladly kneel at His nail scared feet, Oh Praise the Lord, He did it ALL for me !!

He did it all for me, each drop of blood,  He shed for me, when the Savior cried, then he bowed his head and died, Oh Praise the Lord, He did it all for me.

 Oh praise the Lord, I remembered that song from my home church and the many times we sung it at my first church where I was pastor.  On this Good Friday, I am remembering some good things from the past.  I remember this song and a sermon title that said "It's Friday, but Sunday is Coming !!"   Meaning although Jesus died when He was Crucified on the cross, He will arise and live again, come Sunday, resurrection morning.

Also, I love the story picture of our baptism. As we are buried with Him (totally emerged) in baptism, then raised to walk in newness of life.  Buried with Him and then raised to walk. PTL !!  (of course, we are baptized after we are saved)  :-)

On this Holy Week, as we remember the last supper (the Lord's supper for us today) then His betrayal, His crucifixion, buried three days/three nights and then His Glorious Resurrection, on Sunday, the first day of the week,  truly we can say that He did it ALL for me and for you, for us !!

 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: 1Cor. 15:1-3

But dear friend, knowing that HE did it ALL for you, won't you be saved ?? won't you be born again ?? For whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. For with the heart man believes and with mouth confession is made. For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through our risen savior, Jesus Christ our Lord.

God Bless you, Have a great day, just a great day :-D

RevDanSam

No comments:

Post a Comment