Thursday, July 4, 2013

Don't forget the root

Isaiah 11:1
And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:
 
Romans 15:12
And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust
 
Of course, Jesse was David's Father and Jesus is of lineage of David, Jesus has throne rights to rule and regin from Jerusalem. There shall come forth a shoot from the stump of Jesse, and a branch from his roots shall bear fruit.(ESV)
 
The other day, actually a couple of weekends ago, we needed to work in the back yard where weeds had grown up on a curve bank that was very steep.  Because of the roughness of the work and keeping my balance, I had put it off for a long time.  So I got the boy, the lad, to help me.  I used that gas weed eater and he used the electric one.  Last year, I cut the same bank and cut down a small tree with my bow saw.  But I did not pull up the root.  And I came to that spot this year and noticed very many stems or shoots coming out of the old stump.  Then God started to speak to my heart and mind.  I said to my son, well last year I cut down the tree, now this year there are many stems/shoots growing out of it.  Nature teaches us about the Lord.  Jesus died on mount Calvary but many stems continued after his death growing from his roots.  His grandmother was near by and heard us talking and she said yes, those stems are us.  It's great to have a Christan family to help teach the young ones !! 
 
Well,  the present application is here, truly we have grown out of the root of Jesus after he was cut down on Calvary 's hill, but the prophetical lesson is here too.  From the root of Jesse shall come one who reign from the throne and that will be Jesus. Nature teaches us and the bible tells.  Perhaps the nature tells us that the bible is true.  Although, I have to say, "thy word is truth O Lord !!
 
It was great to share that moment with my son.  Although, he being high functioning autistic, I am often amazed what he does remember. I say, to God be the Glory !!
 
But Dear friend, Jesus has been cut out of many peoples lives today.  He lives in us who believe. So I invite you to believe Jesus today.
Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. 32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house. Acts 16:3-32
 
The song says"only trust him, only trust him, only trust him now"
 
God Bless you,
RevDanSam
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment