Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Dump Truck Driver

When I was Pastor of my first church, I always wanted to keep my members envoled and active.  One certain activity we did was a home prayer meeting at a elderly couples home who were members but could not come to church regularly. Perhaps the husband came one Sunday a month, but the wife could not make it.  So we decided to have a home prayer meeting or a "cottage prayer meeting" on a Saturday night.  We loaded up our 15 passenger white Ford church van and when over to sing and pray.  Naturally, we took some song books and my wife brought her piano keyboard so we had a great time singing, praying and testifying.  Little did we know that night but the elderly couples son, the truck driver, came back and was listening.  We close out the  meeting and the elderly couple thanked us and we were glad that we fun and fellowship while serving the Lord.  Well, Sunday after next, the whole family came to church. The Husband the wife and son, the truck driver.  After the message that day, He came to the alter and told me he had got saved and he wanted to be baptised.  Later he was testify that it was the cottage prayer that turned him to God.  He told how that he was there that night and when heard the singing, praying and testifying he realized that it was time for him to follow Christ.  I baptised him the following Sunday and though He was no small but He was taller and bigger than me.  Some worried, if I could do it.  But we had an in door baptism pool and I had him to put his left arm across his chest then grabbed his nose. I put my right hand shape like a "C" and grabbed his neck while grabbing his left arm.  Then I laid him down in the liquid grave and raised him to walk in newness of life !! I like to say when baptising "buried with HIM in baptism" then as I lift up I say "raised to walk in newness of life !!" of course, baptism don't saved you, but it identifies you with Christ and it identifies you with the church. (... but that's another blog :-) someday) for with the heart man believes unto salvation and with mouth confession is made, you must be born again!!

Well the son, the dump truck driver, got saved and got right with the Lord.  And I say "glory yo His name !!"  We won't win them all, but it's a great thing when it does happen.  And we were just serving the Lord. Having a home prayer meeting and God used it in a mighty way, truly I say, "GLORY - TO - HIS - NAME"

Dear friend, be saved and serve Him, trust in the Lord with ALL your Heart, for whosoever SHALL CALL on the name of the Lord, shall be saved !!

God Bless you,

RevDanSam
-___-

No comments:

Post a Comment