Friday, February 1, 2013

How will He find us

An interesting thing happened at work this week and I thought I would share it with you.   I was on the Internet with my designated PC that I use for Emails, logging work and testing.  My boss came up to me and asked what I was doing as He found me researching (googling) and gathering information instead of testing and repairing.  And it was made clear to me that I needed to be found doing the work I was assigned to do rather than doing anything else.  I admit my pride was hit by the correction but that's business.  And the bible does teach us to be good servants (employees and respect those in authority)  Now, this happens with this boss from time to time, but when I thought about it and I wondered, how does Jesus want to find us when He returns. 
Of course the bible, in the New Testament, teaches about the soon return of Jesus.  In John Chapter 14, He said And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.  Then in Acts chapter 1,  This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.
And this is a "watch and be ready" thing as of the truth, what a wonderful day that will be when Jesus comes again. (as so the song goes)
But how will He find you and how will he find me?? It's much like one of the parable where the Master goes off to a far country, and to comes back to find the inactivity of  his servants.   Very similar with our bosses, who will check on us as we do our work, or the work that we think that we are suppose to do. And sometimes, we try to justify it, but are we really doing what we are suppose to be doing??  Granted, our Lord Jesus, very gracious to us, but is He and will He be??
While on this earth, I want to be about my master's business, I want to serve in my life.  I learned a lesson that day on the job, mainly, to do my assigned task, BUT, what is our assign task for the Lord, but to Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost John 20:21 As my Father sent me so I send you.  ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

But dear friend salvation will always come before service, you must be born again / be saved first.  Then God can use you, you must become a child of God first.  Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons (children) of God:  But you can call on Him today, for whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

God bless you friend,
RevDanSam
revdansam@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment