Monday, December 3, 2012

Balance Parenting

Often my wife and I ask ourselves the question when making parenting decisions with our son, " is this good parenting or are we giving in to what He wants??"  I don't guess we will ever know the answer, but time will tell.  Another question we ask ourselves and it's for a our son who is High functioning Autistic, where does the teenage attitude stop and where does the Autistic mind start.  It's a great challenge for us and if we want to have that balance parenting.  You know, choosing right from wrong or good from bad or good decisions.  Some time years ago I heard a secular guy say that parenting was like a dice through, or a crap shot.  You through it out and it's unknown what you will really get, until the dice land.  But the bible says train up a child and he will not depart from his ways.  I know this has a big percentage of not working.  For I have seen and you have to, we have seen a child be rised in a christian home and only to find the devil taking their child.  But I remember the words from the song and verse from the bible that says, " but I know whom I have believed and I am persuaded that He is able, to keep that which I have committed unto Him"  And another good advice from a preacher friend was to "keep you children close to God and let him do the rest".  The meaning of this advice can be explained in another blog,  but if we pray and read the bible with them and keep them in church, then, at least we have a chance and that will balance our parenting.

But dear friend, my  favor verse and my first verse I memorized says to trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding and He shall direct you path.  I believe the good will help you and me, if we put all trust in HIM !!

God Bless you,

RevDanSam
revdansam@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment