Friday, June 29, 2012

Heads bowed & eyes closed


The other morning I was listening to one of my pre-programmed radio stations, where I can just hit a button and I can listen to a variety of stations, news, sports, oldies and country.  I like to listen to Moby in the Mornings around 6:30 AM because he usually plays a southern gospel song and does the pledge of allegiance.  I was running a little late and missed most of the song, but the song had an instrumental music trailer ending. And Moby interrupted and said "Oh, this is the preachers part"  Heads bow and eyes close. Just like it would be if you were in church and the preacher was starting the invitation, were you are invited to come to the altar to pray or be saved.  Many times the preacher will have prayer at the end of his sermon and start the invitation by saying Heads bowed and eyes close.  The phrase just jumped out at me!!! Again, I was in my Ford pickup truck, me and God, but wow, He sure does speak to me there a lot and often.  I have heard the phrase (H.B.E.C.) many times and I probably used the phrase many times myself.  It really made me feel good and I smiled, as a country music radio announcer mentioned a phrase that I heard all my life and in way connected him to me more. In a world that has turned from the old ways and old paths of God and church, it felt real good to hear him say that and made realize that this is a church going man, at least one time in his life, maybe still is, and this is what is part of me.  I am about GOD and I am about church.  This is what a family and a man need in his life. Proverb 3:5-6 says to Trust in the LORD with all thine heart and lean not on thine own understanding, in all they all ways acknowledge HIM and He shall direct thy path.  And it starts with prayer, Heads bowed and I eye closed.
For whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD, shall be saved.
Jeremiah 33:3  Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things

God Bless you neighbor,

Rev. Daniel Samples

No comments:

Post a Comment