Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Coming Train and Jesus

John 14:1-3
 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.  In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

I had a great time today with my wife and son.  We went to Atlanta to do some RAIL-FANNING.   That means for the Railroad enthusiast, photographing trains, diesel and steam, but for me and my son, we like to photograph (take pictures) of steam locomotives.  One steam locomotive that was schedule run excursion trips for the Southern Railroad Company was Engine 630.  A black steam train that belongs to the Tennessee Valley Railroad museum in Chattanooga Tennessee.  It came to Atlanta this week and many rail fans where on site to view and take pictures of the Grand Engine.   He was schedule for four short run trips from downtown Atlanta to Forrest Park and back again.  It was a special trip that Southern Railroad was doing for its employees.  And only they had the tickets to ride the Grand Old Train Engine 630.  Of course,  we had to wake up very early Saturday morning, (Oh me) to be ready to catch the Train.  Upon arrival downtown Atlanta, near the Georgia Dome area, it was so interesting to see an actual steam train, in Atlanta, with the CNN Center Building in the background and the steam train puffing steam & smoke preparing for their first departure.  (We have many pictures & recorded many videos)  The train left at the appointed time and my family and I went to Hapeville to watch it go down the street, in the middle of the town.  For there are railroad tracks there and it goes through the town.  Upon arriving, we found  a great spot to take pictures and record videos.  A recurring statement was made, that inspired me to write this blog.  If I heard once, I must have heard it 2 or 3 times.  They said "He's coming !!, He's coming!!"  We heard that he's coming.  God started working on my heart and mind.  The spiritual lessons here are obvious and many to tell.   Jesus told us of his return.  It's recorded in the New Testament of the Bible. And it's mentioned in the Old Testament as well.  The coming Messiah of the old testament is the Christ of the New Testament. Anyway, Jesus' return is in the bible and He will return some glad day.  The question is are YOU READY ??? Are you ready for the return of Christ ???  The disciple John wrote about it, the Apostle Paul wrote about it, especially in the Books of 1st & 2nd Thessalonians and the Apostle Peter wrote about it in his two books.  He's coming soon and there's no doubt, I will leave this world with a shout !!! as the song says.  AGAIN, the spiritual lessons are obvious.  Pack your bags, get your ticket, be ready for HE'S COMING, HE'S COMING !!! And are you ready???

But first friend, you must be saved, you must be born again, you must accept Christ as your personal Lord and Savior.  Then and only Then will you be ready for his return. see Romans 10:13, John 3:16, Proverbs 3:5, John 3:36, Romans 5:8-9 . . .
The song says " Coming again, coming again, it may be morning or it may be noon, it may be night or it may be soon.  Jesus is coming again !!!

(There are many songs written about the return of Jesus, from the Red Church Hymn book, "When Jesus comes in the clouds", another song is " Some golden day break Jesus will come" and Southern Gospel group, the Inspirations sung, "Jesus is coming soon" ) Gold City quartet song " the mid-night cry" when Jesus comes again.)  And there are Moives too.

God Bless you neighbor, God loves you, please be ready,
Rev. Daniel Samples
revdansam@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment