Friday, January 20, 2017

A Star War phrase

Well, I must admit, that I am a STAR WARS fan, since it came out in the late seventies, I was in high school, I have been a fan ever since then.  But I noticed on the last movie that they made "Rogue One" the one Asian man, Chirrut Imwe, who was a student of the "FORCE" which gives the Jedi his power. (ha ha I know, . . . but that's how the story and series goes )  But he kept quoting a phrase "I am one with the force and the force is in me"  And my mind went back to the bible, God's word.



It very interesting how in the Star Wars series, has many similarities with bible teachings. Like an all power force that empowers you, sent out in twos, a master and apprentice, revealing good and evil and one man with the force can do the job.

While this is a secular and science fiction movie, it made me think what the bible teaches. The Reciprocal indwelling of Christ and the believer. When you are saved, born again and become a child of God. Christ comes into us through the Holy Spirit.  Christ sets up the Kingdom of God in our heart.  He's in us and yet we are in Him.  How can this be ??  Well, as the fish swims through the water yet the water is in the fish, so are we in Christ, as bird flies through the air and yet the air in the bird so are we in Christ, as a plant is in soil and the soil is in the plant so are with Christ !!

So the Christian form of this phrase is " I am in Christ and yet is in Christ"  or "I am in Christ and  Christ is in me"  Notice what Jesus said in John 15:4-5  Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. 

So it also teaches a way of life, the Christian life for if we are in Christ we will follow His ways, words and wisdom. And we should use this to live that set apart and dedicated life for Christ.  This is not popular teachings these days. Especially when you try to tell someone to separate things from their life and abide more in Christ.

The movie line said "I am one with the force and the force is in me" but for the Christian we can say I am in Christ and Christ is in me !!  (Hallelujah, what a great way to live life)  :-)



But dear friend, reader of this blog, you were lead here, perhaps you should heed this calling.  If any may be in Christ, old things are passed away, all things are become new. A new life, love and leading and it's with Christ. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, For whosoever shall call the name of the Lord shall be saved. This is your call, His call to you!!

May God bless you,
RevDanSam

No comments:

Post a Comment