Monday, January 16, 2017

A sad time

Well, it's kind of sad.  I had to trade in my 2003 F150 pickup after 14 years of ownership. We had put 150,000  miles on it, I can say it was a good old truck. Did I tell you story of why I bought the truck in the first place ??


Well, I found the truck on a car lot. The salesman said it was one of the last to have a front bench seat and sold it to me for a very good price, It had the extended cab and as it was new, my wife did not mind driving it as the family car. As she was raised with her family always having a pickup so it did not really bother her.  Well, she drove it and we used it as family car for several years.  My son was in the third grade and we would all ride together on the bench seat in F150 pickup. Well my son got older and taller, middle grade school and riding up front with his parents was no longer cool nor comfortable, we had the extended cab with the half door, but that soon became to small as well.

So we purchased a 2011 Honda CRV  four door and I got the truck to drive.  Little did I know the precious times I would have with my son and prayer time as I took him to school and work as well the great times with God, He would come into the truck with me during my drive in and morning mediation with Him. It was a special time.


I am reminded of an old spiritual gospel song from many years ago, that said "anyway where is home if Christ me lord is only there"  and although I had to trade in the old pickup truck, the good Lord will still be will me in my morning meditation and drive in to work. Only now I a drink cup holder, as the one on the truck up broke, I have powered windows, as the pickup had roll up windows and I have a switch as the head light knob broke off on the pickup. And well I have the Honda CVR now.

But dear friend, it's not about the place, time or vehicle, what's really important is salvation in the Lord, ye must be born again and be saved. Your spiritual life will always begin with God and His son Jesus.  Jesus said  I am come into this world to seek and save that which is lost. As the bread, manna, came down from heaven, so too, did Jesus come to this world to seek and to saved. Why not call on Him today, for whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved !!


It may be kinda sad to give an old pickup truck but it will a HAPPY  DAY when you see the light, accept the bread that came down from heaven and be saved.

God bless you,
RevDanSam


No comments:

Post a Comment