Tuesday, June 7, 2016

The Path we took

Hello All,

Being on the social media, meaning Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, I have noticed several friends and family member celebrating Wedding Anniversaries.  Many of us got married in the 1980s. And I always think back how many of us took different paths.  College and marriage changed many of us and put us on many different paths. Not to mentioned how our children 's birth and parenthood really changed many of us.



Well, in the early 1980s, I had a good job in the soon to be computer field. I got a job with a Color terminal manufacturer, as my experience in high school elective electronics class, Where we worked on actual color TV sets, which provided me a way to work with this company. The last year of High school, my senior year, I started working with them and never looked back. All I needed  was a electronics degree and well the rest would be history, but GOD stepped in.  Turned my mind and heart for preaching and well, as many of you know the rest of the story.  (if you have followed my blog)

I would answer the call from God to preach the gospel of the Lord Jesus. I was in a tech school and I went for three quarters, but then I enrolled into Bible college. It was night school, evening classes, a full load, for me it was six classes a week. I worked a 40 hour week job, was very busy in my church from bus ministry, convalescent home, and radio work. I sung in two choirs, adult and youth.  A young guy could not be more busier.  (It was the best days of my life!!)

In the late 1980s, I got married and became pastor of my first church. I would spend the 1990s as church pastor, working with my bible college friends, preachers and missionaries. (just more great times !!) And don't forget the radio work too.



The 2000s came, the new millennium, and for the last 16 years, I was a Choir leader, congregations song leader, more convalescent home ministry, Sunday school teacher and now the blogging ministry. Of which has been a very exciting part if my life to fill in the void.  Ministering to many in the United States and many countries around the world. I am pleased with the Lord!!

So when I am not blogging, I am usually into our families' hobbyTRAINS!! We do the model trains and train photography. Again it's a family hobby that is currently being driven by our son as he really keeps us going.  My wife followed me well during our ministries years, she was and is my right arm, I love my wife very much!!

So the path we took was led of the Lord and we will continue to follow Him as best we can, but what about you friend??  What path are you on today??



The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, if you trust and acknowledge Him, he shall direct you path.  Why don't you trust in Him today.  The song said only trust him, only trust him now.  For whosoever shall call in the name of the Lord shall be saved. Call in Him today and let Him direct your path.

God Bless you,
Rev. Dan



No comments:

Post a Comment