Friday, October 30, 2015

The TWO Halloweens



I had a realization today about Halloween.  Like Christmas, there are two ways to look at Halloween.  The traditional way with demons, devils, skeletons, ghost and death.  Then, the secular Halloween where you may enjoy the fall colors, candies and costumes. (Meaning bible characters and comic super heroes)



At first, I really struggled at this one, as Halloween is about demons, ghosts and wicked characters, not at exactly a Christian thing, but the bible does mention as such. Hmm . . .
I have to admit, we enjoy the Halloween colors. Orange, tan and black as well as many others that was suggested by Google image.  It has the fall colors and many us like that part of the season.  



 Next we like the candy and our children love the candies.  I saw last year, where kids are now using pillow cases for a“Trick or Treat”  bag. Well, we had the big brown grocery bag, now some have the plastic grocery bag and others have a designated / modified bag.  Hmm… oh my, has time changed.



Then there are the costumes, as children and adults like it.  Children like to dress up as their Super Hero, fictional character and Bible character, BUT wait!! Some adults do too. Hmm . . .



Well, as I am reasoning with myself here, I see what’s so doable about Halloween.  (That is, the generic secular Halloween with the COLORS, the CANDIES and the COSTUMES.  

But my friend, the bible says “Come now, let reason together”  Isaiah 1:18
“Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson,
They will be like wool.



What can wash away my sin, nothing but the blood of Jesus, His blood that was shed on the cross, His sacrifice, is for you and for me.  And for whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. Call on Him today.

Enjoy the Halloween,  but call on Him and live for Him.

God Bless you, have a great day, a very great day!!

Rev. Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment