Sunday, February 9, 2014

Time to sale some cows

I will take no bullock out of thy house, nor he goats out of thy folds.  For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills. Psalms 50:9-10

Time to sale some cows

I was reminded of this story that I heard many years ago from a church bus driver and worker at my home church in the mid 1980s and I would like to share it with you today.

A preacher in Chicago whose church was near a railroad and livestock yard was in prayer for his church finances.  A very common thing in the day was the delivery of cattle on the trains and the sales of them at the stock yard.  As he prayed and had his morning devotional from the scriptures, he came across the scriptures in Psalms 50 where the LORD says the cattle upon a thousand hills are mine. Having seen the sales of cows a very common thing and with the bible scriptures in mind. The preacher prayed a prayer "Lord, it's time to sale some cows".

Well later on, the preacher was at his church and heard a knock on the door. He saw a Texas style looking man with cowboy hat, business coat with jeans and boots.  He said I just had a big sale at the stock yards today and the Lord told me to find a church to give a donation to and before I head home I want to give a donation to your church from the sale of the cows.

You may ask,"could it be real ?? could it be true?? I say just try God !!

Paul said, “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19). God knows our needs, and He knows how to meet those needs. If you have a need today, call upon Jehovah-Jireh, and expect a cow or two to show up somewhere in your life!

But first friend, you must be born again, call on the name of the Lord for salvation.  The call of salvation will come first, and sometimes, the Lord will answer a prayer to get your attention. But that's His business. As the Holy Spirit speaks to your heart, you should answer the call. For whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved, with the heart, man believes and with mouth confession is made.

God Bless you,
RevDanSam

No comments:

Post a Comment