Friday, February 14, 2014

Give your heart to Jesus



Give your heart to Jesus

Trust in the LORD with ALL you heart, and lean not on your own understanding" prov 3:5

Well, many preachers and churches this week,  will no doubt have the sermon or theme “Give your Heart to Jesus”, and why not, love is in many people's heart and mind this week, why not go with it to drive home the point, that ALL need to accept Jesus into their heart as Lord and Savior, and we should use this as an evangelistic tool.  


I gave my heart to Jesus because of  my past, present and future.  Allow me to explain and I hope it’s a blessing.  For in the past, before salvation, I was lost and on my way to the dreadful place called Hell. I was without a hope and without God and His son.   The Apostle Paul said it best in New Test in the book of Ephesians chapter 2,   And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others. My past, before salvation was an awful condition to be apart of in life.  I needed to be saved.


So I'm glad I gave my heart to Jesus and it has help me in the present.  You see, I got saved, I became a child of God and my past sins are forgiven. PTL !!  For this present time I need a Lord, with laws to live by and his happiness in my life.  For the LORD is my shepherd and He leads me in my life.  He leads me in the scriptures, praise his name,  He leads me in service, doing the Lord’s will and his work.  Then in many situations, He leads me, so I gave my heart to Him, and He helps me in the Present. :-) 


Not only did I give my heart to Jesus because of my past and for my present, but also for the future.  David said "that I may dwell in the house of the Lord for ever"  Now I thought that meant going to church, God’s House, and I lived with that thought and enjoyed that thought because it’s great to go to God’s house on Sunday, the first day of the week, to worship the Lord, to fellowship with the saints, sing and rejoice.   But I read in F.B Myers book on Psalms 23, where it says “that I may dwell in the House of the Lord for ever, and this means Heaven. For in my Father’s House are many mansions and Jesus said, I go to prepare a place for you and If I go and prepare a place for you I will come again and receive you unto myself, that where I am there you will be also. PTL!!


SO, dear friend, I’m glad I gave my heart to Jesus, But friend, will you ??  Jesus is the best thing that has ever happened to me.  And today this the accept time, today is the day of salvation, for whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord Shall be saved, with the heart, man believes unto salvation.  Please, call on Him today.

God Bless you,
RevDanSam

No comments:

Post a Comment