Wednesday, May 1, 2013

We Have Bread !!

I had an experience at work that touched me and I would like to share it with you today.  Our Bosses, management, will occasionally bring in bagels for the employees for a breakfast snack.  A variety of  bagels with a variety of cream cheeses.  (don't tell me wife that I got the sea salt covered bagel with veggie cream cheese)  So it's not something they do weekly, but it is very nice when do.   It was around 8:00am and we had came in that morning at 6:00am so I was a little hunger.  The line boss announced there were bagels in the break room and we rushed to get one.  As we lined up I heard someone say in with their broken English, "WE HAVE BREAD !!"  And we all laugh together.  But then, God started to talk to my heart and mind.  Indeed we do have bread !! We have the Bread of Life, the Lord Jesus Christ.  As the bread came down from heaven (manna) to feed the children of Israel in the Old Testament book of Exodus, so to did Jesus come down from heaven for us.   Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believes on me shall never thirst. The children of Israel rejoiced in their day and we do rejoice today.  WE HAVE BREAD !! and you can have that bread today. 

Dear Friend, is God speaking to you today as you read this blog.  What is missing in you life?? It is the Lord?? Why don't you call on Him today and accept Jesus Christ as you personal Lord and Saviour.  For whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:9.10,13

Israel was taught to remember the miracle of the Bread, that blessed them with while in the wilderness out from Egypt in the Passover.  And Jesus taught us to remember Him with the Bread in the Lord's Supper or Holy Communion and that blesses us.  But through it all, "WE HAVE BREAD !!"

God Bless you,
RevDanSam

No comments:

Post a Comment