Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Mailman and the Ford Falcon

Proverbs 3
5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.When I was a boy growing up, we were very poor and live in an old house.  I've talked to my brothers later in life and we agree that we did not realize how poor we actually was at that time.  Maybe poor in finances, but rich in smiles and childhood fun.  We were always on the outside playing in the yard.  I guess it was very noticeable to neighbors, friends and the Mailman.  He drove a blueish green Ford Falcon.  A small car that got good gas mileage and dependable. A great car to use by a Mailman. As he drove by our house, sometimes stopping at our mail box and other times continuing his daily route, he would smile and hold his fist at us.  Almost like he wanted to stop and play.  My brothers and sister never interrupted the gesture as something mean or ugly, we could tell by his face that he was a kind man.  I was told later that he would often look at my Dad's vegetable garden. Admiring how clean and straight it was to him.  But he always smiled at us children and we would stare and smile back at him.   He was a Christan, a church goer, and went to one of our local baptist church in our community.  Realizing the hand of GOD was on my familes' life,  I feel like God moved on that mailman's heart.  And one day he stop and invited us to church.  He came by in his Ford Falcon and picked up us children and took us to church.  Which would be a reoccurring thing.  As many found that there was three boys and one girl in that household, and many wanted us to come to their church, Baptist and Methodist.  My, how there was a God's conscience back then, But now, in my life, as I think about that time, it touches my heart how God moved on that mailman's heart to want to take those children to church. And one of those children was me.  I did not get saved, neither did my brothers or sister, BUT GOD WAS WORKING.  You see, our of those children came two preachers, a deacon and Sunday school teacher, and she, my sister, would eventually become a wife to a deacon.  But God moved on the mailman's heart !!! When he saw the children and realize that they needed to be in church.  He did what he could.  And invited and carried us to church !!!Dear Friend, who is GOD dealing with you about inviting someone or even picking them up for church. You might be surprise how God will use that converted soul  and knowing that God used you in a little way for that person to get saved and born again.  The scripture says "trust in the Lord" and " he shall direct your path". That's what the mailman did and this is what you and I, should do as well.Rev. Daniel Samplesrevdansam@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment