Monday, September 16, 2019

three lessons from David

Psalm 73:28 But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all thy works.






We see three thing here in this verse,  a good decision, a great direction & a godly declaration.


First we see "a good decision"
David knew that when God is near he can do great miracles, Slaying the giant.  He can declare a great message, "You come to me with a spear and sword, I come thee in the name of the LORD!!" and  he knew / remembered it was always a good time in mediation with the LORD, great moments with the LORD.


Secondly we see, "a great direction"
David knew it was a personal trust, it was in heart, emotionally, also it was a practical trust for was in his head, mind, mentally and it was a positional trust, GOD being the object of his trust. His trust was god-ward.


Thirdly,  we see "a godly declaration"
for God has been with David in his past as a shepherd. God had been with David in the present when he was king and  David know God would be with him in glory, heaven, as He said in Psalms 23:6 "and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever"


But my friend, as David had a personal relationship with GOD, so should you too.  The bible says for whosever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be saved. For with you heart man believes and with mouth confession is made unto salvation, marvel or do not wonder, you must be born again. And can and my today, right now!!






Rev Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment