Friday, September 13, 2019

Our Hope in the LORD

The HOPE we have in the LORD


Many times I believe the LORD puts hidden truths within the words and letters of the words. Today, I would like for consider the word "HOPE", The hope we have in the LORD.






H-O-P-E


"H" speaks for our home in heaven. John14:1-3
 In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.
That heavenly home with certainly be mine. On that day, we will be with Him in paradise. A home that was planned, provided and promised to us through His word.


"O" speaks of overcome, He has overcome the world, also death and the grave.
I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you. John 16:33 AMP
He had the power to lay down His life and the power to rise it up again.


"P" speaks of a person, the LORD JESUS CHRIST
God wanted to dwell amongst us. God, in the flesh came down to earth. Just as that bread, manna, came down from heaven, in a miraculous way, for the Jews, the children of Israel, while in the wilderness, from Egypt, so too did Jesus come down to this earth. As He lived, being our teacher / master and He died for us on the cross. His sacrificial death would atone for our sin.


"E" speaks of our earnest expectation 
the blood, the book and the blessed hope
 The shed blood of Jesus, atones for sins. The song writer said, "Hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and His righteousness, I dare not trust in fame but trust in Jesus' name, on Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is seeking sand."
The Book is the Bible, GOD's Holy word, and I will make it a lamp to feet and a light for my path, the words of the bible I will hide in my heart, so that I may not sin against Him.
The Blessed Hope of the Christian, The Apostle Paul said it best in his writing to Titus 2:13-14
13 looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of [h]our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, 14 who gave Himself for us to redeem us "
Jesus said in John 14 :3"I will come again and receive you unto myself, that were I am you can be also"


So yes indeed, we have HOPE in the LORD, but the question is do you friend??


The first step is to call on the LORD for salvation, just as you are, call on Him. The bible says turn unto GOD and He will turn unto you. When you turn unto Him, you have His attention. Then simply call on Him, pray, bow your head, believe on GOD's son, the LORD JESUS Christ and He has promised to save you.
The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, [e]that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, [f]resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, [g]resulting in salvation.  Romans 10:9-10
May God bless you friend,
RevDan





No comments:

Post a Comment