Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Your works do follow you



The other day, my sister called me at work during my lunch time.  We spoke on my cell phone and she said she had a story to tell me.  Now she works for our county’s dial-a-ride service, she met an elderly and they got to talking. Well, as it turns out, the elderly lady worked with our Mother many years ago at the convalescent home. Our mother was head nurse there for many years and retired from there.  So the elderly lady told my sister of a story about one Christmas. My mom’s co-worker family was in bad financial shape and they were talking about how her family would not have a very big Christmas at all that year.  So my Mother thought and prayed and she went to our home church.  She told our pastor what was going on with this family and wanted to know if the church could help. Well, the church helped in a big way. They brought food and toys their house and my Mom went with the ladies of the church and her co-worker even hugged her neck. And so she told my sister, “THAT WAS THE BEST CHRISTMAS THEIR FAMILY EVER HAD!!

Well the story surprised my sister and she told it to our other brother and he was surprised as well.  For this happened many years ago, maybe even in the mid-1970s. Later with age my Mom became a little disenchanted with the church and her health did not allow her to go to church very much.  She was raised a preacher’s daughter for her Dad was a pastor.  But I always thought one of her best accomplishments besides getting her nursing degree was making sure all of us kids was raised in church and we all got saved.

But years later, her good works did follow her, even though she has passed in 2002, this good story was told of her and was a blessing to me and my brother and sister. Also, I have to mentioned it was day after my Mom’s birth date that my sister called me. I wondered to the Lord, if anybody would remember her birthday and He did by sending that person to my sister and telling her this story, truly showing “your works do follow you”

But dear friend, good works are great. We should plant the seeds of good works and wait for the harvest, but that’s after salvation, after you’re saved, after you become a Child of God.  So, please call on the Lord today, right where you are and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.



May God bless you,

Rev DanSam

No comments:

Post a Comment