Thursday, February 16, 2017

Sounding out the Word

Sounding out the Word

For from you sounded out the word of the Lord not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but also in every place your faith to God-ward is spread abroad; 1Thess. 1:8

This week, I decided to listen to the bible from my cell phone, while going to my secular job. For I have a bible app and I can connect my phone to my car radio aux port to hear bible being read to me on my car;s sound system.  I chose to listen to I Thessalonians in the New Testament part of The Apostle Paul’s writings from his mission trip there.


While listening to the word, this verse and word jumped out to me, “you sounded out the word of the Lord”, and God spoke to my heart and mind.

A sound can be used for many things, an alarm, an announcement and a call for action.  We use an alarm to wake us up in the mornings from sleep. And what has happened to many Christians today, as they have fallen asleep by the ways of the world and they need to awake up. Well, our wake up call should be the bible God’s word. We should hear it and heed it for spiritual direction.

For the lost man, the sinner that needs to be saved, the alarm will come through God’s word to alarm about you soul’s salvation.  Either preached verbally or written in letters / text, as you must realize that there’s a heaven to gain and a hell to flee. The word is sounded out to you as an alarm for you to except Jesus Christ as your Savior.

So not only is a sound an alarm, a sound can be used as announcement.  It is a public notification or declaration.  For those who have never accepted Christ, the word of God is sounding out to let you know you can be saved, born again. You do not have to die yet in and with your sins. A decision has to be made.
For the believer you need to make that public declaration. The bible teaches us to show forth good work. Declare / announce Christ by following God’s words, ways and wisdom, trust in the Lord!!

Then lastly a sound can be call for action.  For the believer to share, sing and shout of the goodness of the Lord, and to do so according to the bible, the word of the Lord.

The Thessalonians sounded out the word of the Lord and it echoed like thunder across the way. My how that should challenge us today in this day and time that we live in. The Apostle Paul said they sounded it locally and everywhere. Perhaps, we could do the same.


But dear friend, before sounding out the word of the Lord, you need to accept the word of the Lord and be saved.  Now is the accepting time, today could be the day of salvation for you, call on Him, for whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. The you might smile, sing and shout!! ( I did and still do!!)

God Bless you,


RevDanSam

No comments:

Post a Comment