Thursday, August 18, 2016

Olympic volleyball

While watching the Olympics, particularly the men’s volleyball, my mind went back to my junior high days and P.E. class. After our exercises, the coach would let our two classes play volleyball on a full basketball court, we usually had 15 on each side and it was a lot of fun.  Well, we had to serve the volleyball from each end of the court, so you had to at least send the ball half court to get it over the net.



I had been a great server. I mastered the underhand serve. This is where you would hold the ball with you left hand and hit it with your right hand up in the air. It worked very well for me, as the team selected me to start the serve for our team playing full court volleyball.
Well, I immediately over analyzed the situation and thought, since I need to serve the ball so far, I thought I would change my serve to the over hand style. Where you hold the ball up and hit it with your fist, it was kind of new to me but I had not mastered it.  Well, needless to say I failed miserably and the volleyball barely made it to the net.

The team would rotate people to serve and my turn came fifteen serves later.  But I notice one my friends did very well and he used the under hand style of serving.  He used what he knew and did not change just hit the volleyball a little harder. So when it was my turn to serve I did the same and very well.  The team thought I was done, so bad and so over, but I came back with what I knew, and did it way that worked for me. And we won!!



I still remember that day, how my humble friend did what could, with what he had and with what worked for him and it show me what I needed to do.  I think it was a great life lesson.
But with the Lord, David said show me your ways, teach me and lead me.  It's all that we could ask for, but when we think or analyzed based on our own thoughts, many times we fail. BUT, if we trust in the Lord with all our heart and lean not on our own understanding, if we acknowledge Him, HE shall direct our path.  And His way is the right way if we follow Him.

For His way is right for salvation, his way is right for serving Him and His way is right for our future.  So call on Him today, for whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

God Bless you,

Rev. Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment