Monday, April 18, 2016

Religon, relative logic & His revelation


 
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. Rom1:16-17

Hello blog followers, these verses were brought to my attention by the Lord this week, and they moved on my heart and mind.  Frist, I want to point the greatness of the word of God, especially.  I suppose there could have been two other groups the Apostle could have mentioned here, but he specifically said the Jews and the Greeks.  Of course, I do not it was it very a trivial thing as God had a personal and practical application here too.  It was directed to the Jews first, the religionist of the day and relevant thinkers of the day.

I am sure Paul was addressing one of the main religions of the day. For many were saying you had to keep the law and have animal sacrifice to atone for your sins. While the Greeks questioned relevance of it all, much like we do today in this day and time.  We see nearly the same thing today with different denominations and groups, many attacking God’s truth and yet Paul use the gospel in attack mode to challenge the religionist and relative thinkers / logic of the day.

So you have the religionist of the day, then and now, yet they try to challenge the Gospel of the Lord Christ Jesus. And we have to say it’s by grace through faith.

Then we have the relative thinker of logic of the day, then and now. Which challenge the Gospel of the Jesus Christ?  And they it cannot be grace alone and the Apostle Paul would answer with what he told the Ephesians “ not of works, lest any man would boast.  It is the gift of God.

So it’s a great thing what God did here in this portion of the scriptures to deal with and challenge the two great thoughts and ideas of that day and of which we can use now.  

Then notice the great revelation, of God, “therein is the righteousness of God” the Gospel of Jesus Christ is how you gain the righteousness of God.  For a person who has been saved and has accepted the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, this makes me very happy and full of joy. You see, I did this, I accepted Christ, although I did not understand it all at the time, I accepted it by faith and as I look back on it I am thankful I did, and as I read the scriptures, particularly this portion of Romans 1:16-17, I am so GLAD!!

 
 
But dear friend, you too can become glad, accept the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and you will see how your decision and life is aligned with God.  For whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved, for with the heart men believes and with mouth confession is made unto salvation, Please call on Him, on Jesus today and He will save you.

God Bless you ALL,

RevDanSam

No comments:

Post a Comment