Sunday, August 9, 2015

The Christian Friend

The Christian Friend



First, I must identify "the christian friend " I am talking about the praying / church going friend.  Jesus said there would be those who calls His name but He never knew them, but that's another blog someday. :-)

The secular world and carnal Christians will need a christian friend someday. And I was just thinking about it this morning.  I remembered some friends of mine who worked at the automobile plant in Atlanta, at one time there was two.  But many of the men  professed to be Christians and worked among the other workers. I heard of them having prayer times at their break time  and devotionals at lunch time, even a little worship service with guitars and music.

  

But they would sing, preach and pray at work. BUT then, came the scoffers. Many non church goers and non believers would make fun and joke at the Christians. Until sadness and tragedy came into their lives. Then all of sudden the Christians became relevant !!  And If I have heard it once, I heard it at least three or four times.  The regular automotive worker would go to the Christian and ask for prayer.


I say this and write this in humility, no brag, just facts. They were glad to be there and to be able to say a prayer for their co-workers.  In my life time, I have said a prayer for my co-workers and was glad to be able to do it. The world may scorn and make fun of us, but I am glad to be a Christian friend.

God Bless you,

RevDanSam



No comments:

Post a Comment