Tuesday, June 16, 2015

a natural lesson

A natural lesson with a spiritual application

There's an old saying that says "One rotten apple will ruin the whole bunch".  This has literally happen to me at my home, more recently with lemons.  I usually start my day with lemon water, before my coffee.  As I went to my fruit bowl, I found where one of the lemons had a rotten place on it. Of which after observing this I removed it from the bunch or bowl fearing it would indeed ruin the rest of the fruit.  Then God spoke to my heart and mind.






How many times, as we go through this world, do we fill our lives, literally our fruit bowl, and one thing  becomes distorted or rotten. If we leave it there it will ruin the rest or it could ruin our life.  In the bible, in the New Testament, the book of Galatians, Chapter 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: 

The Amplified version says But the fruit of the [Holy] Spirit [the work which His presence within accomplishes] is love, joy (gladness), peace, patience (an even temper, forbearance), kindness, goodness (benevolence), faithfulness,23 Gentleness (meekness, humility), self-control (self-restraint, continence). Against such things there is no law [[f]that can bring a charge].





Many times sin is to blame. the bible says in the book of James 4:17, Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.


Interestingly, in Galatians 5 there's a list of things that can ruin your spiritual fruit, I will use the NAS version,

 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: [i]immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, [j]factions, 21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Oh me, Dear God help me not to ruin the fruits in my life.  If I have a rotten fruit, please, Lead me and guide me so that you can remove it.  Lord, many times the bad fruit are so obvious, help me to remove it. For pray in Jesus' name, Amen.



Dear friend, the sin of unbelief, never accepting God or His son, this is the first rotten apple or sin that YOU must deal with in your life. BUT, if you will do what the bible says in Romans 10:8-10

But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, [e]that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, [f]resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, [g]resulting in salvation.

Call on Him today and remove the bad fruit out of your life, for it will ruin the rest.

God Bless you,
RevDanSam



No comments:

Post a Comment