Saturday, July 19, 2014

The Apple Tree story

The Apple Tree story

I heard this story many years ago, I just heard Billy Graham tell his version and I want to share my version with you today.

A minister got on a train many years ago, after preaching a week of meetings in a big city and was headed home.  A stranger sit down beside him and they rode together to their appointed designation.  As the train headed out of town and into the country side the stranger became noticeably sad.  The minister said what's wrong sir ?? It here something wrong ??  The stranger said yes, I have been in jail for a long time and today I'm going home.  But I made my Father and Mother so mad at me, and I told them if they would forgive and wanted me to come home,  just tie a white towel on the apple tree next to the house.



He said preacher I am just not sure what they will do or if they even got the message.  So when we get to that spot on the railroad line, could you look for me and see if you see the white towel on the tree.  The preacher thought well he could at least do that for the stranger and he had prayer and they rode together.

As the train came around the bend of the stranger's parents house, the preacher started looking.  He said remember the bible says "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding" The words just fell to the floor of the train.  The stranger could not bear to look. Then the preacher said "I see the apple tree and it's in full bloom with many white towels tied on it and two people, a man and a woman waving a big white sheet too!!  For they loved him and forgave him!!

The stranger was loved and forgiven.  And so it can you my friend. For whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.  Old things are passed away and ALL things are become new !!  The Lord wants to give you a new life, love and laughter !!

The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Dear friend, call on His name today, right now and be saved, become a Child of God.
 

God Bless you friend,
ReDanSam


No comments:

Post a Comment