Saturday, May 12, 2012

Turn on your light

I started out early one morning, right at day light time.   I notice that a driver decided NOT to have his head lights turned on that morning,   Which I was rather concerned and wondered why the gentleman did not have his lights on.  As usual,  I was in my pickup truck, where I seem to meet God, there alot.  And I heard that still small voice there in my Ford 150 Pickup.  Anyway, God moved on my heart and mind.  How many Christians do not let their light so shine.  In this day and time that we live in, The redeem of the Lord needs to stand and say so.  We need to stand and be a testimony to a lost and dying world.   We need stand let the unchurched and lost man see how God is working in our lives.  Let's learn from the lampstand.  The lampstand has a wick and oil.  The oil fuels the wick.  As the oil works through the wick, then light becomes so bright.  To the bible student, oil is a type of the Holy Spirit.  As the spirit of God moves on us, He helps us to shine, sing, shout and serve.  The energy of the flesh will fail you and make you burn out quick.  A wick with out oil.  And cannot shine, serve or shout.  The spirit of God  moves and energies us. We need to shine to the lost world.  They need to hear and see His love in us. They need to see our work of faith and labor of love. 

The song in the Red Back hymnal says, "be a light, be a light, be a light for Jesus everyday, Be a light, be a bright shining light, be a light for Jesus everyday".  But first friend YOU have to be saved, born again.  Ye must be born again !!!  For the grace of God  brings salvation.   Call on the name of the Lord Rom 10:13

God Bless you neighbor, LET YOUR LIGHT SO SHINE !!!

Rev. Daniel Samples
revdansam@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment