Wednesday, March 25, 2020

And Martha recieved Him

Luke 10:38
8 Now it came to pass, as they went, that he (Jesus) entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house.
Martha is a biblical New Testament character who was a believer and follower of Jesus Christ.  While on one of His many journeys, traveling by feet, came in to a "receiving place", Martha' house.  Her acceptance of Jesus allowed her to receive Him.  

The word "received" means "to receive under one's roof" (hupo, "under"), "receive as a guest, entertain hospitably, she let Him in. 

I am thinking about the scripture verses in the bible, New Testament, Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will dine with him, and he with me.

What a grand invitation and opportunity.  Yes LORD, as you are here, please come in. 

If you study this home more, Martha's sister and brother lived there, Mary and Lazurus.  A common family who let the LORD in. And He's asking you today.

May I ask you to accept the LORD Jesus Christ as you personal LORD and Savior. Ask and Believe. Trust and obey. Hear and then Call.

He that believes has life, but he that does not believe has no Life. See John 3:36
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life;

So Jesus is there and for you, so I ask, why will you not let Him in ??


May GOD bless you, with concern, I say only trust Him only trust Him now.
Rev Dan







No comments:

Post a Comment