Friday, February 8, 2019

God's Amazing Grace

A story of God's Amazing Grace

Young Joe Lookfour was asked to do a book report on God's Amazing Grace. The secular teacher said son, you can use your bible and personal experiences, but you won't convince me. So even though Joe was new to the secular college that taught worldly theories and globalism,  he took on the task in search for the truth, knowing he would have to report it to his teacher and class members.

Day one
As young Joe came home for the weekend, He thought that he would ask his mother. She said, "Amazing Grace how sweet the sound that saved a wrench like me, I once was lost but now I'm found, was blind but now I see."

Night one
She said Joe don't just take my word only, ask you Father  tonight. So then at the right time Joe asked his Father.  And he said," T'was  grace that taught my heart to fear, and grace my fears relieved, How precious did that grace appear, the hour I first believed."

Day two
He said Joe don't just  take my and mother's word, go over and ask grandfather too. And he did. Joe went to his grandfather who was sitting on the porch enjoying the sunshine. Joe asked and his grandfather said, "Through many dangers toils and snares, I have already come, Tis grace that brought me safe thus far and Grace will lead me home."

Night two
But grandfather said, don't just take your families' word, go to our Pastor, he's a learned man and wise in the Holy scriptures, the bible, call him and ask him. And He did.

Day three
Young Joe Lookfour went to church and spoke to the Pastor. With a smile on his face and the Holy book in the heart and hand, He said to Joe, "When we've been there (heaven) ten thousand years, bright shining as the sun, we've no less days to sing God's praise, than when we first begun."

Night three
The Pastor said, now don't just take your family and this preacher's word, read what God's word says. Joe went home and found his Red Gideon Pocket Bible that He got in the Fifth grade and he looked up the scriptures that the Pastor told him to Ephesians 2:8-9 and it said,  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.

Well, young Joe Lookfour found what he was looking for and went back to school very eagerly and excitedly. He went to the secular teacher and said, Teacher,  "I've just began to live, I've began to live, when God's Amazing grace came in, I just began to live, old things are pasted away, I have a brighter day. my name is recorded up above, I've just began to live!!"

Hello blog reader and follower, it's very oblivious, this Grace story contains and uses the John Newton's song Amazing grace.  And it has been used this way over and over again through the years, I just put my twist to it. 

Dear friend, for whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD, shall be saved by God's Amazing Grace.
God's riches at Christ's expense, God unmerited love and favor, also God's unmerited favor and love.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow, praise Him all creature here below, Praise Him all ye Heavenly host, Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost, Amen.



Marvel not, ye must be born again.

RevDanSam





No comments:

Post a Comment