Friday, November 11, 2016

The Three Rs revsited

In my early educational life, I was introduce to Three Rs of education, Reading, writing and Arithmetic.   I must admit that it did not mean much to me back then, but now, the good Lord has shown me the important of it. Honestly, I have mentioned this before in an earlier blog, but as I was having prayer time with son, before I took him to work, I explained it to him and I would like to the same with you today.



The Three Rs of education is suppose to cover all parts of your total education. I know many will disagree and say it's old fashion, but the old ways and old paths do not bother me. So first R is reading.  If there has ever been a need for reading it's today's day and time. Reading is really the collecting of the information. Wow, how important is that for our jobs and everyday life.  It's the information age and we need to read so much these days!! Of course, as a gospel preacher, I recommend the Bible, God's word. I was raise on the KJV version of the bible, but if I had to choose a modern translation it was be the NAS, One suggested bible study method is to include a modern version along with KJV.  (Honestly, the KJV shades light on all new versions, haha !! at least for me)  :-) 

But reading, the collecting of information, God can help you, open your eyes and see clearly on the needed things of life and with Him.

The Second R, writing - notice the letter R in writing.  At one time, that meant hand writing with a pen or pencil, now it means typing on a keyboard. But writing also a form of communication, to communicate your thoughts and action, to informing others needed information. It's writing.  And if there has ever been a time to collect information and then communicate it then is it today's day and time.  I wish I was a better verbal communicator, but with reading and much writing with God's help, it will help me to verbally communicate better.  Many of us write on social media in each of it's forms. A form of communication, who would ave thought of it's important many years ago and look how it is now. And God can help us.

Then the third R is arithmetic. Adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing numbers and things. We are literally calculating all things.  Again, in our day and times, what we do we need to do but calculate problems and solutions. Out mind needs to think and turn to operate.  What is the sum if we add it all up?? What is the product if we multiply things and numbers together?? What is the dividend if we divide numbers and things ?? It comes from God's help and our calculations. 



So as my son and myself had prayer time in the old F150 pickup truck, I added Lord help us with our Reading (that we may collect information, then our writing (that we may communicate good information) and help with our math or arithmetic ( that we may calculate thing and figure thing out) with you help Lord.



Well, to figure out your soul's salvation, it's just to trust and have faith in Him.  For God so lived the world that He gave his only begotten son, that who so ever  shall believe in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.  For whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved, For with heart man believes and with mouth confession is made unto salvation.

God Bless you friend, and remember the Three Rs when you pray !!
RevDanSam

No comments:

Post a Comment