Friday, February 5, 2016

Another lessons from the birds


Lessons from the birds

The Sentry

A sentry is a guard, particularly on duty at the entrance to a military base.
 
The other Sunday ago, my family and I were coming home from church. As we turned down a street we notice a gain of buzzards on the side of the road picking at their meal of a dead animal.  If I remember correctly there were four buzzards, three were attacking the dead carcass, while there was one on the wall being the sentry.
 

On another occasion, I was at work on lunch taking a walk.  When all of a sudden, I saw three crows on the ground going after their meal and I happened to notice, one crow was on the roof of the building and I said within myself, yes, and there’s the sentry.  And God started speaking to my heart and mind.


The sentry was posted at the front gate or wall to alarm, announce and take action on a coming foe. (wow, I’ve got so much here to tell you, friend, as my heart & mind is so full)  God help me here, anyway, the sentry was there and at his position.  The spiritual applications are here and many, PTL !!

In the bible, in the Old Testament Ezekiel 3:17 says, Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me.  God spoke to my heart to be that sentry or “watchman” for Him.  Being a Christian and a minister of God, I want alarm those was are lost and on their way to Hell, I want to announce , as the angels did, that Jesus is the son of God, He is God in the flesh and I want to take action against the coming enemy, the world, the flesh and the devil.  Also, other human philosophies that is contrary to the Bible and the gospel of Christ.

We need to be that “sentry” or guard to our family. Dad you need to take that leadership role guard family from sin, selfishness and slacking from the Lord. Dad lead the way be that guard. Mom, show that support and encourage Dad. Children follow your parents in the Lord, for this is right.

Not only do we need to guard our family, but we need to guard our faith. “that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints  What we have learned,  2Tim 2:2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also. The message, the mission and the mandate that was once delivered to us, we also need to protect.

And then we need to guard or be a sentry to our future.  God has entrusted us with gospel spreading the message locally and around the world, also serving him prayer and being a shining light.  As we draw our strength and motivation from our fellowship with Him. 

So God uses many things to speak to us and He differently uses nature and animals. The sentry, we learn from the birds that we need to be also in our Christian life and for the Lord.



But first and always first, salvation must come into your life. Jesus said you must be born again.  (see John chapter 3) The bible says in Romans 10 for whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved, call on Him today and He will saved you.

God Bless you friend, another lessons from the birds, Amen

Rev. Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment