Friday, April 3, 2015

Good Friday


The Day of Jesus' Crucifixion, when they nailed Him to the cross to be crucified.  Good Friday is a Christian religious holiday commemorating the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and his death at Calvary. Of Course, for some of us, who are students of the scriptures,  know it had to be Wednesday or Thursday.  Even more religions make it into a week.  But, ALL are talking about Jesus, all is about Him and when we are talking and thinking about Him, this is a good thing. I believe Easter, as like Christmas, Jesus is the reason for the season.  And if it's about Him, I say, will you "Hear ye Him !!"

James 4:8

Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. 
Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Come close to God and He will come close to you. [Recognize that you are] sinners, get your soiled hands clean; [realize that you have been disloyal] wavering individuals with divided interests, and purify your hearts [of your spiritual adultery].

What a great day to come to The Lord Jesus Christ for salvation. The Spirit and the bride say "COME"
Come now, let us reason together saith the Lord, "Come unto me", Jesus said in Matthew 11:28 
 
1. On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross,
 the emblem of suffering and shame;
 and I love that old cross where the dearest and best
 for a world of lost sinners was slain.
Refrain:
 So I'll cherish the old rugged cross,
 till my trophies at last I lay down;
 I will cling to the old rugged cross,
 and exchange it some day for a crown.

2. O that old rugged cross, so despised by the world,
 has a wondrous attraction for me;
 for the dear Lamb of God left his glory above
 to bear it to dark Calvary.
 (Refrain)

3. In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine,
 a wondrous beauty I see,
 for 'twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died,
 to pardon and sanctify me.
 (Refrain)

4. To that old rugged cross I will ever be true,
 its shame and reproach gladly bear;
 then he'll call me some day to my home far away,
 where his glory forever I'll share.
 (Refrain)
 
God Bless you friend, have a great day, on this GOOD FRIDAY and Easter season.

RevDanSam

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment