Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Train Trip

The Train Trip

John 14
1 Let not your heart be troubled : ye believe in God, believe also in me. v2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. v3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am , there ye may be also.

It was in the summer, when train traveling was the way to go from city to city.  The young boy was so excited and eager  to go. To take a train ride and to see his father was the Best.  Like the clock-work and on the hour the train and it's passengers started on their journey.  But  the heat and hard seats made the trip very worrisome.  And the passengers became uncomfortable and complained.  The windows were opened only to get a brief cool wind of relief.  It was never enough for some.  Then they noticed the little boy was happy and rested.  The conductor did not understand and ask the young one how could this be.  The child said I am happy to be on the trip and I'll get to be with my Father and that's what helping me.

As I thought about this story, of which I heard or read some time ago.  I thought about when I got on the trip.  February 17, 1974, at the Victory Baptist Church, 202 Canton Road, Cummings Georgia.  And at times the trip does get hard and difficult to bare.  But then I remind myself He's my Heavenly Father and thoughts of Him encourage me on the trip. And He will be waiting me for at the end of the trip.

Dear friend, do you know our Heavenly Father ???  Call on Him today and be saved. "for whosoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.  Pray and call on Him today.  It will help you on this trip. 

(song) We have a Heavenly Father above with eyes full of mercy and love full of love, He really cares when your Head is bowed the low, consider the lilies and then YOU will KNOW!!!

God Bless you Friend,

Rev. Daniel Samples
revdansam@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment